Cathy Jett is the assistant business editor at The Free Lance-Star, and specializes in covering the area's retail scene.
What would you like to see in long-vacant buildings?
How many times have you passed a long vacant restaurant or retail store and thought you knew the perfect business to open there?
Now’s your chance to share your suggestions.
Please tell us what you’d like to see go into the following empty spaces, and we’ll run the most popular suggestions in the business section of Thursday’s The Free Lance-Star.
Who knows? Maybe some of them will take your recommendations to heart.
• Cards and Cones, 201 William St.
• Location in Gateway Village of the former Vinny’s Italian Grill & Pizza and Cafe Davanzo restaurants
• Ukrop’s on State Route 3
• Giant Food in Spotsylvania Crossing shopping center
• The Town Center at Aquia redevelopment
• The part of the Borders bookstore in Stafford Marketplace that won’t be occupied by Party City