UMW BEATLindley Estes covers the University of Mary Washington for fredericksburg.com and The Free Lance-Star. You can email her at email@example.com.
Restricted parking at UMW during freshman orientation
RELATED: See more UMW news
New students arrive on the University of Mary Washington’s Fredericksburg campus for freshman orientation tomorrow.
And while the influx of students means an exciting new activity for the sleepy summer campus, it also means marking restrictions. Here is a list of parking lots that will be restricted for guests, and where you can park instead:
Orientation Guest Parking Only (June 18 through June 19, and June 23 through June 26)
- George Washington Hall (GW) lot
- Inbound/Outbound Double Drive
- Jefferson Framar
June 18 through June 20, and June 23 through June 27
- Jefferson Square
- Marshall/Russell lots
- Randolph/Mason lot
June 19 through June 10, and June 24 through June 27
- Anderson Center H/C
Displaced faculty and staff can park in these lots throughout the closing:
- Battlegrounds lot #33
- William Street Lot
- UMW Apartments
- College Avenue
- Jepson Lot
- Simpson Lot
- Thornton Street Lot
- Alvey Deck Level 4 Fac/Staff
- Sunken Road Lots
- Monroe Lots
- Lee Hall Lots (lot #17 is H/C only)
- Sunken Road (allowed areas only)
These restrictions do not apply to handicap parking spaces.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.