UMW BEATLindley Estes covers the University of Mary Washington for fredericksburg.com and The Free Lance-Star.
UMW declares a snow emergency
The University of Mary Washington has declared a snow emergency on the Fredericksburg campus today, Dec. 10, 2013, according to a university alert, and those parked on campus should plan accordingly.
Snow emergency parking regulations will be in effect at 10 p.m.
No vehicles will be allowed to remain in “Snow Emergency Areas” after 10 p.m.
Any vehicle on UMW property interfering with snow removal operations is subject to towing at any time during the snow emergency declaration at the owner’s expense.
UMW has asked drivers to move vehicles to the lots adjacent to the Route 1 parking deck, the physical plant lot or the William Street lot (next to the University Apartments).
According to the alert, snow emergency areas that must be cleared include:
- All faculty/staff parking
- Commuter parking
- Top level of the UMW parking deck
- Top level of the Eagle Landing parking deck
- Double Drive and all driveways and roadways on campus
- Pizza Hut parking lot
All designated handicapped parking spaces, except those at Woodard Campus Center, are exempt from the snow emergency.
Lots will reopen at 7 a.m. tomorrow unless the UMW is closed or delays opening.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.