UMW BEATLindley Estes covers the University of Mary Washington for fredericksburg.com and The Free Lance-Star.
Power restored on UMW’s Fredericksburg campus
Power was fully restored at 4 p.m. to the University of Mary Washington’s Fredericksburg campus after a construction mishap severed a large electrical line around noon Monday.
The contractor working on the Campus Center construction project inadvertently cut the line, leaving the south portion of campus without electricity.
These buildings were affected:
- Combs Hall (academic)
- Jefferson Hall (residential)
- Bushnell Hall (residential)
- Brent Hall (University Police)
- Russell Hall (residential)
- Marshall Hall (residential)
Dominion Power gradually restored power after the incident. The middle part of the Fredericksburg campus, around Trinkle and Lee Halls, lost electricity for about an hour, as Dominion Power repaired the electrical line.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.