UMW BEATLindley Estes covers the University of Mary Washington for fredericksburg.com and The Free Lance-Star.
UMW employees will be awarded additional days of holiday leave
According to a University of Mary Washington faculty newsletter, President Rick Hurley has awarded the school’s employees additional days of leave for holidays in the current academic year.
UMW will be closed all day on Wednesday, Nov. 27, 2013, now, as well as that Thursday and Friday.
The winter holiday for employees will now extend through Friday, Jan. 3, 2014. The school reopens on Jan. 6 and classes begin Jan. 13.
Other employee holidays at UMW:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, Jan. 20
- Spring Break: Friday, March 7
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 26
- Independence Day: Friday, July 4
Employees with questions should contact the Office of Human Resources at 540-654‐1214.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.