Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents.
Meeting set on proposed Mudd Tavern Road projects
A meeting on a trio of projects on a Spotsylvania road will be held next week.
All of the projects are on Mudd Tavern Road in Thornburg.
At the meeting, Virginia Department of Transportation officials will provide updated information, including maps and designs, on the projects.
Two of the proposed projects involve widening the two-lane road, with one of them adding a pair of roundabouts at the Interstate 95 exit.
Also during the meeting, a public hearing will be held on the proposed replacement of the I-95 bridge.
The estimated $7.8-million bridge project is tentatively set to start in the summer of 2015, and could be finished by the fall of 2017. The project would widen the bridge to four lanes, bringing the bridge up to current design standards. It also would allow for any potential future widening of I-95, according to VDOT.
See the full story later online and in The Free Lance-Star.
If you can’t make the meeting, you can send in comments, by May 30, by letter or email.
- Letter: Catherine Coffey, Virginia Department of Transportation, Project Manager, 87 Deacon Road, Stafford, Va., 22405.
- Email: fredericksburginfo@VDOT.Virginia.Gov. Include “Route 606, East of I-95 Comment” in the subject line.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.