Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents.
Road closures update
The rain is gone and the sun is shining, but plenty of roads in the Fredericksburg region are still closed because of flooding. Some aren’t closed but have advisories because of standing water.
Here’s the latest update, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation’s 511 site:
- Caroline: 16 roads are closed and 22 have advisories.
- Culpeper: 16 roads closed.
- Colonial Beach: One road is closed.
- Fauquier: 18 roads closed.
- King George: 1 advisory, for a section of westbound Route 3.
- Louisa: 21 roads closed.
- Orange: 12 roads closed.
- Spotsylvania: 13 roads closed, seven advisories.
- Stafford: 18 roads closed, three advisories.
- Westmoreland: Four roads closed.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.