Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bridge beam work to close I-95 in Garrisonville
Here’s a reminder that work on the Interstate 95 express lanes project will lead to the overnight closures of all southbound lanes in the Garrisonville area tonight and Saturday night, according to Virginia Megaprojects.
The closures will take place on the southbound I-95 lanes between the Garrisonville exit (143) and the Quantico/Russell Road exit (148).
Crews will be setting steel beams on the new flyover in Garrisonville.
Lanes will start to be closed at 9:30 both nights, with full closures set to take place from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Southbound traffic will need to take a detour:
- Exit 148 to Russell Road
- Go east on Russell Road to U.S. 1
- Go south on U.S. 1 to Garrisonville Road (State Route 610)
- Once on Route 610, take the southbound I-95 exit.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.