Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents. You can email him at email@example.com.
Spotsy has ideas for area transportation problem
Spotsylvania has responded quickly to a recent request by the state’s transportation leader seeking a resolution to a long-running regional transportation battle.
During a Commonwealth Transportation Board meeting last week in Fredericksburg, Virginia’s Secretary of Transportation heard about problems revolving around the Rappahannock River Crossing, a $300-million project aimed at improving congestion along the local Interstate 95 corridor.
The secretary, Sean Connaughton, asked the Virginia Department of Transportation to gather relevant information and recommend the best solution to the CTB. (See the story here)
Spotsylvania pitched in on Monday, approving a resolution that included its recommendations, compiled by Supervisor David Ross.
The recommendations include:
- A bypass that would run from Stafford to Orange County. It would start at Centreport Parkway and run to U.S. 17. From there it would run through Culpeper and tie in to State Route 3 near Route 20. The parkway would cross the Rappahannock and Rapidan rivers
- Collector-distributor roads along I-95 between the Route 3 and Massaponax exits
- An I-95 off-ramp onto westbound Harrison Road, with a flyover ramp onto northbound I-95 to avoid property impacts
- An I-95 off-ramp onto Courthouse Road.
Look for the full story later online and in The Free Lance-Star.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.