Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents.
VRE notes for the week ahead
Here are some updates provided by the Virginia Railway Express’ Train Talk enews:
- With Monday being Columbus Day, a federal holiday, there will be no Virginia Railway Express service. When rail commuters return on Tuesday, VRE riders of trains 302/303 will notice the addition of a seventh car to the trains to help with crowding.
- Starting next week there might be some delays as CSX will begin replacing ties and sections of tracks in some areas. The work will be done from Alexandria to just south of Woodbridge. The work will be done at night, after the last VRE train runs, and should wrap up in the mornings before the trains run through the work zones. The work should be finished by Dec. 1.
- Also, VRE reminds anyone interested in statewide transit issues that they have until Oct. 30 to respond to the Super NoVa Transit/TDM Vision Plan draft produced by the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation.
Click here for the link to the online questionnaire.
Or click this Questionnaire PDF, which you can fill out and send in to: Attn: Super NoVa Transit/TDM Vision Plan,11400 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 400, Reston, VA 20191.
This link will take you to the vision plan.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.