Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents.
July 4 holiday VRE schedule and proposed smoking ban
Just a reminder, there will be no Virginia Railway Express service on July 4. The trains will be back running on the regular schedule Thursday.
Also, expect heat restrictions to be in effect the rest of the week. That means trains will run slower. On Monday the Fredericksburg line delays ranged from nine minutes to a half hour.
On a different note, VRE wants rider comments on a proposed smoking prohibition at outdoor stations and on platforms. Here are the details:
The VRE Operations Board has approved a request to solicit public comment through email, letter, and phone on a proposed amendment to the VRE smoking policy.
- If approved the amendment would modify the existing policy to read:
- Smoking of pipes, cigarettes, cigars or any other object is prohibited at outdoor VRE stations and platforms at all times. Smoking would continue to be prohibited on VRE trains and at indoor VRE station facilities consistent with the existing smoking policy.
- VRE will seek comment via email, letter, or phone from now until July 20, 2012.
- Staff will report back to the Operations Board in August with a summary of comments and recommendation for action.
- To make your comments via email, please send them to: email@example.com OR by Fax to: (703) 684-1313.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.