Scott Shenk writes about transportation issues affecting Fredericksburg-area residents.
Lake Anna bridge will again be closed overnight for deck work
If the weather holds up, the Route 208 bridge over Lake Anna will be closed Monday night and early Tuesday morning so crews can pour concrete for the new deck. The bridge also has been closed previously for the project.
The closure will last from 7 p.m. Monday until 5 a.m. Tuesday.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will post electronic message boards notifying drivers of the work and detours.
VDOT suggests the following detours:
- Eastbound traffic: Take routes 522, 719, 612, 601 and then 208.
- Westbound traffic: Take routes 601, 612, 719, 522 then 208.
The work on the bridge, which spans Lake Anna in Louisa and Spotsylvania, is part of a two-year, $4.8 million rehabilitation project and is scheduled to finished in December.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.