Check here for the latest reports on news from Stafford County.
More on Stafford’s cluster development applications
Of eight proposed cluster subdivisions, Stafford County planners had approved the one with the fewest lots before elected officials removed the density bonus recently.
Southgate Hills, a 17-lot subdivision on 11 acres, will be on U.S. 1, as part of the Southgate Community. There was no density bonus requested in this application, unlike the seven others the county received since June, when that became an option for developers.
The pending applications are:
- Clift Farm Quarter – 196 lots on 472 acres (previously approved for 145 as Stafford Town Station), on Eskimo Hill Road
- Potomac Creek Overlook – 45 lots on 99 acres, adjacent to Clift Farm Quarter
- Brooke Village – 22 lots on 9.5 acres, on Little Whim Road
- Widewater – 793 lots on 1,737 acres, on Widewater and Decatur roads
- Kings Crossing – 25 lots on 68 acres, on Courthouse Road near Augustine
- St. Andrews on the Potomac – 203 lots on 450 acres, on Widewater Road near Arkendale Road
- Poplar Tree – 21 lots on 49 acres, on Poplar Road south of Truslow Road