Check here for the latest reports on news from Stafford County. You can email her at email@example.com.
On tap for Tuesday’s board meeting
Here’s a rundown of some highlights at Tuesday’s Board of Supervisors meeting. Here’s the complete agenda.
1 p.m. – Ribbon cutting for the Community Development Services Center, a one-stop shop for permits. Here’s a story about the plans for the project.
- The consent agenda includes a contract for design of the indoor recreation facility (50-meter pool) at Embrey Mill Park. It will be a design-bid-build project.
- Two items are related to Comp Plan compliance reviews, for extension of public water and sewer to cluster plan projects. Read more here.
- The full board will discuss purchasing a heavy rescue squad vehicle. It’s been before two committees already.
7 p.m. – Public hearings and other business
- Public hearing for a rezoning for Walgreens. Here’s the Planning Commission’s OK.
- Public hearing for rezoning for Hilldrup Moving and Storage, for a storage warehouse and fleet parking.
- The board will discuss sponsoring an application on behalf of Margaret Brent Elementary School, for a quarter-mile trail in the works by the PTO. The costs for required reviews could be nearly $5,000.
- Paul Milde has a discussion planned on a referendum for Stafford High School financing.
- Susan Stimpson has a discussion planned on Crow’s Nest.
- The at-large chairman citizen’s committee will make its report, after seven members were appointed in April.