Katie Thisdell reports on news from Stafford County. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 540/735-1975.
Tuesday meeting roundup
Reporter Jeff Branscome covered Tuesday’s board meeting as I was flying back from California. Here’s his story on transportation impact fees, set to be discussed further on Sept. 18.
Here’s the agenda and highlights of what else happened at the meeting:
- The board recognized International Assistance Dog Week. Kahn, a black lab, joined Stafford’s courthouse staff earlier this year.
- TDRs (transfer of development rights) went back to the Planning Commission, on a vote of 6-1 (Stimpson against). A subcommittee of Paul Milde, Bob Thomas and Gary Snellings took another look at TDR since the last time the ordinance was before the board. This will be the fourth time the Planning Commission will look at TDRs.
- Supervisors toured Falmouth Elementary School along with the School Board. Here’s a story by Lindley Estes.
- After closed session, the board approved three projects for the parks bond. Here’s a list of those projects and what’s listed under the 2009 referendum.
I’ll have more on the projects later this week.Here’s the full story.
- The board deferred a resolution authorizing the county administrator to execute an agreement for the Celebrate Virginia Parkway. It will be back on Sept. 18 as new business.