Check here for the latest reports on news from Stafford County. You can email her at email@example.com.
At-large chairman research committee selected
Seven Stafford citizens are going to take a closer look on what would be involved with implementing an at-large chairman seat in the county.
On Wednesday, six of the seven were appointed to a committee. Here is the committee’s charter from the Board of Supervisors. The committee is supposed to make its recommendation by Oct. 15, to allow time for the county to include a request for enabling legislation from the 2013 General Assembly — if that is the direction that is suggested.
Here are the appointments from the seven board members:
- Griffis/Widewater - Skip Causey – owner of Potomac Point Winery
- Hartwood - Linda Musselman – former supervisor
- Falmouth - Scott Mayausky – Commissioner of the Revenue
- Rock Hill - Gordon Howard – former Planning Commissioner, now on the Utilities Commission
- Aquia - Danny Kim – on the Utilities Commission
- Garrisonville - Jeff Schrade – director of political communications, Natural Gas Supply Association
- George Washington – to be determined
The recommendation shall address the form of government and the position of the At-Large Chairman, taking into account possible costs as well as impacts of this new form of government.
All meetings will be open and posted on the county website.