Check here for the latest reports on news from Stafford County. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Absentee voting guidelines for special election
Absentee voting for the April 3 special election for the Garrisonville representative on the Board of Supervisors begins in less than three weeks– Feb. 17. Eligible voters (see list below) can vote via mail or at the registrar’s office on paper or touch-screen.
Here are important deadlines to know for those of you voting in the special election in the Garrisonville District:
- The deadline to register to vote for the special election is Monday, March 12 at 5 p.m.
- The final day to apply for an absentee ballot by mail, email or fax is March 27 at 5 p.m.
- In-person absentee voting is available to eligible voters, Monday-Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Feb. 17 through March 30. It’s also offered Saturday, March 31, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Stafford’s Voter Registration Office.
Those eligible to vote absentee are:
- Active duty military, their spouses and dependents
- Students and their spouses away at school
- People absent on Election Day for business or vacation
- People working and commuting to and from home for 11 or more hours, between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Election Day
- Electoral board members, registrars and election officers
- People with a physical disability or illness, including pregnancy
- People who are the primary caretaker of a confined family member
- People who are temporarily confined
- People with a religious obligation
- People temporarily residing outside of the United States
- First responders who may be absent while they are working on Election Day
For more information, contact the Voter Registration Office at 540/658-4000 or visit www.staffordcountyva.gov/registrar.