Katie Thisdell reports on news from Stafford County. Contact her at email@example.com or at 540/735-1975.
I don’t make a habit of posting on every structure fire that comes along, but some are more dramatic than others. All fires are devastating in one way or another, but this one sounds particularly damaging. The two residents were not home during the fire and are OK, but they did lose pets in the blaze.
The call came in at roughly 1:30 p.m. yesterday, and a unit from the Garrisonville Station responded to 164 Eustace Rd. within four minutes. It took them several hours to extinguish the fire.
The fire was determined to be accidental, and the residents are being helped by the Red Cross.