From: Gary Jackson [mailto:garyjackson@spotsylvania.va.us]

Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:58 AM

To: Bob Hagan; Matt Kelly

Cc: Chris Folger; Emmitt Marshall; TC Waddy; Dan Tevlock; Chris Yakabouski; Gary Jackson; Henry Connors; Jerry Logan; Russell Seymour; Randy Wheeler; Vince Onorato

Subject: Spotsy Opts Out Of Tourism Group

Hey Matt, Bob,  etc,

Interesting comments in the paper today.  Matt, check your notes–I did not bow and worship the god of unmitigated “regionalism” at the forum on Sunday.   Never will.

Inter-government cooperation has its place.  Spotsylvania has a long and distinguished record of cooperating with its neighbors when necessary and appropriate to provide for the efficient and effective delivery of appropriate government services.

At the same time, neither I nor other Spotsylvania officials tend to be favorably influenced by the incessant whining of mostly irrelevant fredericksburg city officials (and others) who seem unable to transact their business without financial assistance from their neighboring political jurisdictions.   Perhaps most revealing is the fact that they cannot seem to ask for help in a responsible fashion.

(Mr. Wheeler – Please forward to the city council and administration)

 Sincerely,

Gary Jackson

Spotsylvania Board of Supervisors, Salem District

 ———————-

I called Fredericksburg City Council member and Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Chairman Matt Kelly about this e-mail. “To have responded would have just continued a dialogue that was counter productive,” he said.