Zac Boyer will be entering his third season covering the Washington Redskins for The Free Lance-Star this fall. Make sure to follow Zac on Twitter (@ZacBoyer) for the latest updates or e-mail him with any questions at email@example.com.
Redskins players return to work
About a dozen Redskins players showed up to team headquarters this morning to take advantage of the NFL’s directive to clubs to re-open their doors.
“It definitely feels good to come back and see everybody’s faces and get in the swing of things,” safety Macho Harris said on his way out of the facility.
Harris, CB DeAngelo Hall, OLB Lorenzo Alexander, WR Anthony Armstrong, K Graham Gano, OL Selvish Capers, OLB Rob Jackson, OL Clint Oldenburg were among the players who came to Redskins Park.
Harris said he performed a “mini-workout” on his own. He didn’t meet with coaches.
He joined the Redskins during the 2010 regular season, so this is his first offseason with the club. He still has some catching up to do, which is why he values the opportunity to be at Redskins Park. He had been working out with Hall in Northern Virginia and Atlanta.
“I want to show that I’m dedicated,” Harris said. “This is where I want to be. I’m trying to do things the right way. Be here early, work out, do whatever I have to do to impress the coaches and solidify a position here.”
Alexander worked out with some of his teammates and also met briefly with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett.
He learned the schedule for organized team activities and strength and conditioning workouts. Workouts begin Monday and OTAs will begin in about three weeks, he said.
That is, of course, if the court of appeals doesn’t grant a stay of the injunction against the lockout. That ruling could come down at any moment.
“So far all of the judges have been ruling in our favor, so I don’t see no reason why that should change,” Alexander said. “But who knows?”