Shuttles, Parking, Logistics for Battle of Fredericksburg 150th
Limited seating will be provided for programs that are stationary and expected to last more than 20 minutes. Visitors are urged to bring easily-carried lawn chairs. Some events cover a considerable distance. Plan ahead.
WATER AND FOOD
Food will not be available for purchase at any of the National Park-sponsored events. Visitors are encouraged to bring lunches, snacks and water bottles with them. Water fountains will be available at the Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center.
ROADS AND TRAILS
Please stay on designated trails and note special-event signs on roadways and trails.
PARKING, FACILITIES, AND ACCESSIBILITY
For downtown events on Saturday, Dec. 8, park on the street, in the VRE lot (Frederick and Caroline streets, shuttle provided) or in the parking deck at 600 Sophia St. There are also several municipal lots on Sophia Street.
Shuttle stops are:
– Fredericksburg Battlefield Visitor Center, Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, 1013 Lafayette Boulevard, (limited parking)
– VRE parking lot (Frederick and Caroline streets, Fredericksburg), public parking.
– Fredericksburg Visitor Center, 706 Caroline St., use parking deck at 600 Sophia St.
– Chatham Heights Shopping Center, 411 Chatham Heights Road, Stafford, public parking.
– Ferry Farm, State Route 3, Stafford (only handicapped and special needs parking at this site; use Chatham Heights lot)
Most events and programs are fully accessible to the disabled, though several walking/hiking tours take place over long distances with uneven and rough terrain.
Pets on leashes are allowed within Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park, but park buildings and the National Cemetery are off-limits to all pets except service animals.