RSS feed of this blog

Fire department responds to kitchen fire in city

MORE: Read more news from Fredericksburg


The Fredericksburg Fire Department responded to a fire Saturday afternoon on Meade Court, in the Braehead subdivision.

The fire started in the kitchen on the lower level of the split-level home, Deputy Fire Chief Mike Jones said.

It started on the stove and the occupant hit it with a fire extinguisher and water, but the house is full of smoke, he said.

There were no injuries to civilians or firefighters, he said.

There is a fair amount of damage to the lower level of the house, but the upper level seems to be OK, he said.

The fire department is still on the scene.