Archives

THE NEWS DESK

Share
RSS feed of this blog

14 taken to hospital after being sickened by odor at Intuit

MORE: Read more Stafford County news

Mark Doyle, assistant fire chief in Stafford County, issued the following report this morning on the incident at Intuit on Thursday. If we get more details, we will update this post.


Photo by Kira Ravenwood

Photo by Kira Ravenwood

“On May 15, 2014, at 14:50 hours units were dispatched to a medical emergency at 114 Juliad Court, Intuit. The caller advised dispatch that seven people were sick and were outside of the building due to an odor inside the building. Based on that information the call was upgraded to a hazardous materials incident.

Photo by Kira Ravenwood

Photo by Kira Ravenwood

“The first unit from the Berea Station arrived on the scene within five minutes finding several occupants complaining of various illness. Crews evacuated the building and began triaging patients. A total of 19 occupants were placed through gross decontamination and 14 of those were transported to Mary Washington Hospital with minor illnesses.

“Assistance from the State Hazardous Materials Officer and the Fredericksburg Hazardous Materials Response Team was requested to identify the source of the odor that caused the illnesses.

“The source of the odor was linked to an alcohol based product which caused skin and eye irritation. Units operated on the scene approximately four hours treating and transporting patients as well as identifying the source of the odor.”

Post tags: |

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2014/05/16/14-taken-to-hospital-after-being-sickened-by-odor-at-intuit/

*/