Archives

THE NEWS DESK

Share
RSS feed of this blog

Neighbor puts out fire with a garden hose

MORE: Read more Spotsylvania County news

Photo provide by Spotsy fire and rescue department.

Photo provided by Spotsy fire and rescue department.

A Spotsylvania County house fire was “pretty much” extinguished by the time firefighters arrived at the scene Monday thanks to a neighbor with a garden hose, Fire Chief Monty Willaford said.

The fire at the 11700 block of Arthur Lane, off State Route 3, was caused by cigarette butts that had been left in a plastic container on a back deck, he said. No injuries were reported. Willaford said the blaze caused about $10,000 to $15,000 in damage but never reached the inside of the dwelling “due to the quick action of a neighbor,” who used a garden hose to put out the fire around noon. Most of the damage was to the home’s siding near the back deck. Willaford reminded residents not to discard cigarettes until they are fully extinguished.

 

 

.

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2014/04/21/neighbor-puts-out-fire-with-a-garden-hose/