Spotsy home catches fire after resident falls asleep while smoking
A Spotsylvania County home caught fire Wednesday after a person fell asleep while smoking in a bedroom, Fire Chief Monty Willaford said.
No serious injuries were reported, though an occupant of the home was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation, he said.
Willaford said the home on Stone Crossing Drive, off Old Plank Road, sustained $50,000 to $75,000 in damage.
Firefighters, who arrived on the scene at 5:35 p.m., had the fire under control in about 10 minutes, he said.