Archives

THE NEWS DESK

The News Desk is a collection of news, notes and breaking items affecting the Fredericksburg community.

Share
RSS feed of this blog

Unoccupied house in Stafford explodes, no injuries reported

Photo submitted by Shannon Simmons.

Photo submitted by Shannon Simmons.

By LINDLEY ESTES

An unoccupied home in the Stafford Lakes subdivision exploded Saturday night due to a gas leak, said Stafford fire and rescue spokesman Mark Doyle.

The home, on Hopkins Branch Way, is in a new area of the subdivision where houses are under construction and caught fire around 9 p.m. after a propane heater used to dry out the basement leaked gas into the structure.

Since the homes in the area are still being constructed no one was displaced or injured by the explosion.

The structure is unstable and fire crews in Stafford expected to work through the night to secure the area.

The explosion is still under investigation.

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2014/02/01/unoccupied-house-in-stafford-explodes-no-injuries-reported/

*/