Archives

THE NEWS DESK

Share
RSS feed of this blog

Woman dies, days after Spotsylvania house fire

MORE: Read more Spotsylvania County news

The Spotsylvania County woman rescued from a house fire on Lansdowne Road last week has died, her husband said.

Angie Hoge, 50, was pulled from the single-story home in the 4900 block of Lansdowne Road after a fire was reported at 10:21 p.m., on Jan. 6.

She was taken to Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center that night. She died on Saturday, said her husband, Gary Hoge, who corresponded with the newspaper by email.

Autopsy results were not available as of Monday evening, according to Steve Murman, spokesman for the Medical Examiner’s Office in Richmond.

Gary Hoge said his wife was a terrific spouse and mother. They were married 24 years and had a son.

Arrangements are being handled by Covenant Funeral Service, but were incomplete on Monday.

Six minutes after the first call about the house fire, volunteer firefighters from Spotsylvania’s Station 4 were on the scene and located Angie Hoge, who was confined to her bed. They quickly brought her outside, according to initial reports from Spotsylvania County Fire Chief Monty Willaford.

Before long, 36 career and volunteer firefighters and medics were at the scene.

Gary Hoge said before fire crews arrived, a Spotsylvania Sheriff’s deputy responded to the house and told him to leave.

Within 13 minutes of the first call, firefighters had the fire under control.

The fire started in the basement and was caused by the use of extension cords as permanent wiring, Willaford said. He said that, over time, the cords wore out.

pgould@freelancestar.com

 

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2014/01/13/woman-dies-days-after-spotsylvania-house-fire/