Archives

THE NEWS DESK

Share
RSS feed of this blog

Firefighters put out chimney fire in Stafford

Numerous Stafford fire companies were called to what was originally reported as a residential blaze in the Hartwood area of the county early Sunday afternoon.

The fire ended up being contained to the chimney of a house in the 2000 block of Poplar Road, said Mark Doyle, assistant chief of Stafford County Fire and Rescue. Firefighters kept it from spreading into the house.

The chimney where the fire occurred needed to be cleaned, Doyle said.

-Bill Freehling

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2013/01/27/firefighters-put-out-chimney-fire-in-stafford/