Cathy Dyson writes about King George County.
Friend collects clothes, shoes for family whose home burned
A King George family whose home was burned in a fire last night is staying with friends, and another friend has gathered clothes and shoes for the three young children in the family.
The fire happened about 8 p.m. Thursday on Eden Road at the home of the Bowser family. No one was injured during the fire, although the family did lose a cat.
King George County Fire & Rescue Capt. Steve Lynd couldn’t say how much damage was done to the house or the cause of the fire. Career and volunteer crews from the county, the Navy base at Dahlgren, Colonial Beach and Stafford responded.
The family friend who collected items didn’t want to be identified. She said she had gotten enough clothing to meet the family’s needs.