Cathy Dyson writes about King George County.
Next Mars Hill event is Aug. 4
The next Mars Hill event, which is a high-energy program for Christian teens, is Saturday, Aug. 4, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the King George Citizen Center on State Route 3. Registration begins at 4:45 p.m.
Mars Hill is free and for all teens (middle school and high school ages). However, donations toward food expenses (or help by bringing a side or dessert) are appreciated, especially if bringing a group.
Special activities at the Aug. 4 session include:
- The Mars Hill Band will be playing.
- Pizza is on the menu.
- Games will be played, and some brave volunteers will get messy
- A guest youth group from Miami will present music, praise in motion and drama.
- Local youth will present skits, music, and share about mission trips.
- Dan Bowman will share a message
More information about the Mars Hill program is available on Facebook.
Mars Hill volunteers also will team with Chick-fil-A at Spotsylvania Towne Centre this Saturday, July 28, to share music and games and to promote some of the Christian youth group’s upcoming events. The Mars Hill Band and other members of the youth group will be in the food court from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday. Participants can play games, meet and dance with the Chick-fil-A cow and be entered in drawings for free food and Mars Hill shirts every 30 minutes.