Cathy Dyson writes about King George County. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agenda for March 29 town hall
Ruby Brabo and Ken Novell, the new supervisor and School Board member from the Dahlgren District, will give updates on various projects and answer questions from residents during a town hall meeting on Thursday, March 29.
The session is planned from 7 to 9 p.m. at the University of Mary Washington’s Dahlgren Campus Center. Seating is limited so reservations are required. Residents should reserve their seats by e-mailing: email@example.com
Sheriff Steve Dempsey will discuss Triad, a new program that focuses on preventing crimes against the elderly. Here’s a Feb. 22 story about the effort.
Brabo will address:
- National Association of Counties Rx cards for up to 24 percent savings on pet prescriptions
- Dahlgren Heritage Museum
- Project Faith
- VDOT six-year road plan
- Harry Nice Bridge project
- Gateway development: What businesses/restaurants would you like to see?
Novell will discuss:
- Status of the 2012-13 School Board budget
- Commonwealth Governor’s School Class in KG
- Issues from Monday’s School Board meeting
The goal of the town-hall meeting is to have an open discussion about goals and objectives for the county. Residents can ask questions of any of participants.