Cathy Dyson writes about King George County. You can email her at email@example.com.
SCC determines dates when public can give comments on new Dahlgren power line
The State Corporation Commission has set a timetable for when residents can share their input on Dominion Virginia Power’s plan to build a new transmission line to Dahlgren.
The proposed line is 9.43 miles long and stretches from State Route 3 to Dahlgren. Most of the route runs through a rural part of the county and parallel to U.S. 301.
The line is expected to cost $36.4 million, according to Dominion’s application.
Here are dates the SCC determined:
- By April 1: Dominion must publish the application and map and provide legal notice to landowners along the route.
- By April 23: Residents or entities can file a notice of participation as a respondent.
- By May 14: Residents can file testimony and exhibits with the SCC.
- By May 21: SCC staff must file its report on Dominion’s application.
- By May 30: Dominion may file any rebuttal testimony and exhibits.
- June 12: A public hearing will be held at 10 a.m. in the SCC courtroom, second floor, Tyler Building, 1300 East Main Street, Richmond, to receive testimony of witnesses, evidence of Dominion and any other information from respondents or staff.
- By June 5: Comments may be submitted in writing to Joel H. Peck, clerk, State Corporation Commission, c/o Document Control Center, Box 2118, Richmond, Va. 23218-2118. Compact discs or any other form of electronic storage medium may not be filed. All correspondence and comments shall refer to Case No. PUE-2011-00113.
Comments also may be submitted electronically. Go to scc.virginia.gov/case and follow instructions.
More information about the proposal is available at Dominion’s website, dom.com. Search for “Dahlgren.”