Healthy Life Virginia offers news and notes to improve your body, mind and spirit.
Slow cooker chicken and lentils
This recipe comes from dietitian Tamra Knapp of Mary Washington Healthcare, who said she serves this dish with brown rice.
- 4 chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 14oz cooked lentils
- 2 leeks, washed and cut up
- 12oz diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Put everything in slow cooker for about 4 hours on high.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.