Healthy Life Virginia offers news and notes to improve your body, mind and spirit.
Rosemary and thyme potatoes
These potatoes pair well with baked fish and veggies.
- 1-2 pounds of potatoes
- about 1/8 cup of olive oil
- 3-4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- rosemary and thyme — fresh is great, but you can use dried
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary; toss until the potatoes are coated. Use as much or as little rosemary and thyme as you like.
- Put the potatoes on a baking sheet in one layer; roast in the oven for about 1 hour, or until browned and crisp on the outside. Flip once or twice while baking to make sure they crisp evenly.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve. I like mine with a sprinkling of salt and some balsamic vinegar.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.