Healthy Life Virginia offers news and notes to improve your body, mind and spirit.
Doctor Yum’s pumpkin pancakes
This recipe comes from Fredericksburg’s Doctor Yum, aka Dr. Nimali Fernando, who shared this recipe on her Doctor Yum Facebook page recently. She said her family enjoyed these pancakes with a smoothie.
- 1 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt.
- dash of cinnamon
Separately beat together:
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk,
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree,
- an egg
- a tablespoon of melted butter
- Add wet to dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Pour the batter onto a pan or griddle and cook until done. (When one side is bubbling on top, flip to the other side and cook until golden.)
Cook’s note: We sometimes make them into pumpkin shapes and add raisins or chocolate chips to make jack o’lantern faces.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.