Healthy Life Virginia offers news and notes to improve your body, mind and spirit.
Fruit and yogurt smoothie
This recipe is inspired by a recipe sent to me by my colleague Sandy Mahaffey, who’s as health-conscious as anyone I know. She found it in a publication called VegNews, and I’ve modified it.
- 1/2 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 to 2 bananas (frozen banana slices are great, but fresh are OK, too)
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 cup of water or orange juice (or half of each; and you can raise or reduce the amount depending on how thick you want the smoothie to be)
- 1/3 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon flax oil or ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- 1 teaspoon soy protein powder
Simply blend everything together in a blender. If you’re using frozen bananas, it’s good to put those in first, to break them up. Then add the yogurt, then the fruit. Add in the water/juice last because the amount you use will depend on how thick you like your smoothie — the less liquid you add, the thicker the smoothie will be.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.