This recipe is in the King George Farmers Market’s “Fields to Table Cookbook,” with Stephanie Weberg credited as the source.
Here are the ingredients for the salad:
- 2 cups fresh cooked green beans
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
For the marinade, mix together:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
Mix the vegetables and dress with the marinade. The dish tastes best if it’s allowed to sit in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.