Archives

  Spotsy School News

Lindley Estes writes about Spotsylvania County schools, King George County Schools and other issues of interest to the community.

You can also follow her on Twitter @SpotSchoolNews

Share
RSS feed of this blog

Germanna’s new auto training facility in Stafford County kicks off in high gear

Germanna Community College’s new automotive technology training facility is up and running in Stafford County now.

The first students started with the fall semester and enrollment is already growing.

I visited there today and will have a full story soon in the Free Lance-Star.

Students are spending about 70 percent of their time doing hands-on work on vehicles. The remaining 30 percent is spent in the classroom or in a computer lab using simulations of automotive work.

Below, students work on a vehicle in one of the eight bays in the 11,000-square-foot facility.

Post tags:

Permalink: http://news.fredericksburg.com/gettingschooled/2012/09/17/germannas-new-auto-training-facility-in-stafford-county-kicks-off-in-high-gear/