Lindley Estes writes about Spotsylvania County schools, King George County Schools and other issues of interest to the community.
You can also follow her on Twitter @SpotSchoolNews
Ni River Middle dress code bans sagging pants, cleavage, wallet chains and skin art displays
Ni River Middle School Principal Veronne Davis sent a statement to parents this week regarding appropriate dress when students return to the Spotsylvania County school on Tuesday. In addition to what’s stated in the Code of C0nduct, Ms. Davis distributed the following information regarding proper attire for students.
- No wallet chains are to be worn to school
- Pants should be worn at the waist, not sagging etc.
- No writing on skin that is visible
- Tops should be of a modest cut/design (no cleavage)
- Skirts/shorts/dresses cannot be shorter than 3″ above the knee.
- Pants/shorts must sit at the hips. They must not sag so that undergarments can be seen. It is not sufficient for shirts to cover up undergarments. Undergarments must be completely covered by pants/shorts.
- No cleavage. The chest area needs to be covered from armpit to armpit. If a scoop neck or v-neck shirt is below the armpit then a camisole or undershirt must be worn.