Lindley Estes writes about Spotsylvania County schools, King George County Schools and other issues of interest to the community.
You can also follow her on Twitter @SpotSchoolNews
Spotsy school division launches administrative shake-up
The Spotsylvania school division is in the midst of a shake-up of sorts. Several assistant principals asked to switch to new schools, prompting a domino-like series of changes. Those moves were approved by the School Board at a special meeting this week.
From what I hear, there is no fascinating drama behind the moves. Below is a list of the moves and what Superintendent Scott Baker said about them from a statement released by schools spokeswoman Rene Daniels.
“The following recommendations were presented to the School Board and approved this evening:
- Mr. John Myers currently Assistant Principal of Chancellor Middle will be reassigned Assistant Principal at Smith Station Elementary.
- Mrs. Cynthia Franzen currently Assistant Principal of Courthouse Road Elementary will be reassigned Assistant Principal of Chancellor Middle.
- Mr. Robert MacDonald currently Assistant Principal of Smith Station Elementary will be reassigned Assistant Principal of Courthouse Road Elementary.
- Mrs. Lisa Andruss currently Assistant Principal of Spotsylvania High School will be reassigned Assistant Principal of Spotswood Elementary.
- Mr. Jeremy Siefker currently Assistant Principal of Spotswood Elementary will be reassigned Assistant Principal of Post Oak Middle.
These school assignment changes were primarily in response to requests from administrators to be considered for additional professional growth opportunities at different levels. While the timing of these changes are later than preferred; significant time and thought was put into ensuring that all of our school and school communities continue to be served at a high level while also supporting the needs and requests of staff.”