FLS reporter Katie Thisdell serves up news on local food finds, tales from home cooks and inspiration to help you have fun in your own kitchen.
Local wineries offer ways to treat your sweetie
- Louisa County’s Cooper Vineyards will have special entertainment for Valentine’s weekend, Feb. 11-12. From 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day, the winery will have live piano music by Charlie Kilpatrick, and red roses for the ladies. The normal $5 tasting fee applies.
- Potomac Point Winery in Stafford County has a few Valentine’s events planned. On Feb. 11, the winery will host a Sinfully Sweet Dessert and Wine Pairing, featuring four wine/dessert pairings. Featured desserts are a key lime tart, chocolate gallette filled Crepe, white chocolate creme brulee and Bordeaux brownie covered strawberry. Reservations are required (call 540/446-2107) for one of four different seatings. Cost is $24.99 per person.The winery will also host a Winemaker’s Valentine’s Dinner on Feb. 14. $75 per person and reservations required. More information here.
- Spotsylvania’s Lake Anna Winery will host “Death by Chocolate” from noon to 5 p.m. on Feb. 11. $25 gets you a complete tasting of award-winning wines with a souvenir logo wine glass, tours, and a lavish, gourmet chocolate buffet. Reservations suggested by calling (540) 895-5085 or visiting the winery’s website. Proceeds benefit “Susan G. Komen for the Cure” and Lake Anna Rescue Inc. (in loving remembrance of Gail Martin).
- Ingleside Vineyards in Oak Grove will hold “A Taste of Wine and Chocolate” Feb. 11 from 5-7 p.m. Reservations are required. Find more information here.
- Gray Ghost Vineyards in Amissville will offer “Irresistible Chocolates and Cabernet” Feb. 11-12 from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Cost is $17. More information here.
- Old House Vineyards in Culpeper will offer chocolate fondue Feb. 11-12 from noon to 5 p.m. for $30, and a Valentine Wine Dinner Feb. 14 for $75. Reservations are required. Find more information here.
1. Be respectful. No personal attacks.
2. Please avoid offensive, vulgar, abusive, hateful or defamatory language.
3. Read and follow THE RULES.
4. Please notify us by flagging posts that are inappropriate.
Posts that include links, and posts from users with unverified e-mail addresses may take longer to appear.