Amy Umble writes about family issues and kid-friendly events.
Activities for a snow day
I’m jumping on the snow day bandwagon here. Apparently, we’re supposed to get quite a few inches tomorrow. What are some of your favorite things to do with the kids on a snowy day?
Here are a few ideas:
1. Fill spray bottles with water and food coloring, go outside and “paint” on your snowy canvas.
2. Make edible snowflakes- fold tortilla shells into quarters. Use scissors to cut shapes out of the folds (just like paper snowflakes). Unfold to reveal your snowflake shape and lay the shells on a cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar and bake at 350 degrees until crispy.
3. Make colorful “glass” marbles using balloons, food coloring and a winter day. Get the instructions here.
4. Make a snowman pizza for lunch.
5. Make a bird feeder for your feathered friends outside.
6. And don’t forget the traditional snowmen and snow angels!