Amy Umble writes about family issues and kid-friendly events.
Catch up with St. Nick this weekend
Have you taken your child to see Santa yet? I took my 4-month-old daughter last week. She wasn’t that impressed. She did try to eat his beard. She tries to eat everything these days.
Haven’t met the man in red yet this season? You’ll get some opportunities this weekend:
- Santa at the Firehouse, King George Fire Department, 8122 Kings Highway, King George. See the fire trucks and visit with Santa. Refreshments. Donations accepted for pictures. 5–8 p.m. 540/775-8554.
- Visit with Santa, Sumerduck Ruritan Club. 7–8 p.m. Enjoy food and fun. Free photo with Santa. 540/439-2278.
- Breakfast with Santa, James Monroe High School, 2300 Washington Ave., Fredericksburg. 9–11 a.m. Eat, have fun and see Santa. Tickets $8, kids under 2 free. All proceeds go to James Monroe High School Band. email@example.com.
- Visit with Santa, Ferry Farm, 268 Kings Highway, Fredericksburg. 1–4 p.m. Included with admission. 540/371-3363 or here.
- Santa, strolling from noon to 2 p.m., downtown Fredericksburg. Pictures and stories at The Richard Johnston Inn, 711 Caroline St., 2:30–4:30 p.m. Free. 540/899-7606; or here.
- Santa, strolling from noon to 2 p.m., downtown Fredericksburg. Pictures and stories at The Richard Johnston Inn, 711 Caroline St., 2:30–4:30 p.m. Free. 540/899-7606 or here.
- Civil War Santa at Chatham, 120 Chatham Lane, Fredericksburg, 1–4 p.m. Children visit with Old Saint Nick and learn about Christmas in the 1860s; games, crafts, scavenger hunt, punch and cookies served. Free. 540/372-3031.