Fredericksburg FamiliesNovember 29th, 2012, 11:38 am
Amy Umble writes about family issues and kid-friendly events.
Meet Santa this weekend
- The 17th annual “Santaland,” 9441 Kings Highway in King George. Visit Santa and Mrs. Santa and hear a story from the Snow Queen, 9 a.m. to noon. $1.
- Outdoor Pictures with Santa, Village Farm Feed & Garden Center, 28284 Constitution Highway, Rhoadesville. Children and animals of all kinds welcome. Photos $5 or free with a donation to Rikki’s Refuge Angel Tree. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 540/854-8888 or click here.
- Christmas Tree Lighting beside the “Lake is Great” store, 2991 New Bridge Road, Lake Anna, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Crafts and activities for all ages, performing groups, food and more. Santa arrives at 6 p.m. 540/872-0684 or click here.
And you can catch him on Sunday too:
- Santa Strolls Downtown, noon to 2 p.m.; pictures taken at the Richard Johnston Inn, 711 Caroline St., Fredericksburg 2:30–4:30 p.m. 540/899-7606.
- Children’s Christmas Party, 1204 American Legion Road, Fredericksburg. 2 to 4 p.m. with puppet show at 3 p.m. Santa Claus, refreshments, games. Bring your camera. Sponsored by Stafford American Legion Post 290. Free. 540/659-4461.