Amy Umble writes about family issues and kid-friendly events.
Culpeper plans kid-friendly holiday event Sunday
Downtowns and shopping malls around the region are holding various events to kick off the holiday shopping season. Fredericksburg held its open house last weekend, and Orange will hold its open house Dec. 2.
Many of these events include pictures with Santa, special deals from merchants and holiday refreshments in some cases.
But even if you don’t plan to shop, they can be a fun, and often free, reason to get out of the house with your kids and take in some sights.
Here’s what you can expect for the younger set if you plan a trip to Culpeper this weekend:
- Children’s Story Time by Culpeper County Library: 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30 and 4:00 p.m. at the depot conference center. Perfect, convenient opportunities for a kid-focused break in the action.
- Trolley Rides: 1 – 4 p.m., various stops throughout downtown
- A special visit and pictures with Santa: 1 – 4 p.m. at the depot conference center
- Miniature Horses from Brandy Manor Miniatures
- Live Holiday Music from area high school Bands on the Hazel River Inn Restaurant front porch
- Community Tree Lighting with carols from Blue Ridge Chorale of Culpeper. Bring letters to Santa, meet Kris Kringle with toys for each girl and boy, enjoy hot cider, and cookies from Girls Scout Daisy Troop 381 to complete the day at 5:30 p.m.
Find more information here.