The Doing Good blog follows area charities and social service agencies.
About Amy Umble: Amy Umble writes about religion and social issues affecting the Fredericksburg community.
Be A Santa to a Senior
I’m trying to forget how close Christmas is. But it is coming up fast, and about 30 seniors still haven’t been sponsored through the area’s Be a Santa to a Senior effort. Here are the details:
Home Instead Senior Care’s Be a Santa to a Senior™ community service program is serving 942 needy and lonely seniors this year!
How you can help:
• Make a cash, gift card or gift/food donation. Your donation will help purchase gifts to seniors. We are in need of non-perishable food as many of our seniors have requested food this year.
• Visit a Tree/Wreath Location and adopt a senior:
1. Mary Washington Hospital (to the right of the information desk)
2. Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (admin. office, 10300 Spotsylvania Ave., #130)
3. Stafford Hospital Center (in main lobby)
- 2300 Fall Hill Avenue (ground floor lobby)
Please urge your co-workers, friends and family members to consider adopting a senior!
For more information please contact:
111 Olde Greenwich Dr., Ste. 101
Fredericksburg VA 22408