This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or email@example.com.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
Hydrant flushing all week in College Heights, Normandy Village
The Fredericksburg Public Works Department is flushing hydrants in the College Heights and Normandy Village neighborhoods today through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Below are the areas impacted.
In College Heights:
- From U.S. 1 to Hanover Street
- From College Avenue to Spotsylvania Avenue/Greenbrier Drive
In Normandy Village:
- U.S. 1 to the Rappahannock River
- Normandy Avenue to Riverside Drive
Water customers in the work zones may experience low water pressure, discolored water, and/or temporary water disruptions at various times during the day.
Water will be fully restored by 5 p.m.
This work may cause sediment to be stirred up and water customers should expect their water to be cloudy for 24 to 48 hours after work is complete.
The water will remain safe for drinking. However, customers are recommended to do the following if they have “cloudy” water.
- Postpone any washing of laundry until the water has cleared.
- Allow cold water faucets to run for several minutes at a time to allow water in service lines to clear.
Anyone with questions, should contact the Department of Public Works at 540/372-1023.