This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or email@example.com. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
School Board to hold budget work session Monday
Fredericksburg’s School Board will hold its first work session on the 2013-2014 operating budget before Monday’s regular meeting.
The work session will be held at 4:30 p.m. in the lecture hall of James Monroe High School (2300 Washington Ave.).
Here’s the tentative budget schedule for the School Board:
- January 14 – Budget work session
- February 4 – Public presentation of proposed budget
- March 4 – Public hearing
- March 4 or later – (expected) School Board adopts budget
- April 1- Deadline to submit budget to city of Fredericksburg
- May 15- Deadline for City Council approval
Here is the agenda for the regular meeting, which begins at 7:30 p.m.