This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or email@example.com.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
Council to discuss BPOL, budget forecast, Hugh Mercer expansion
At Tuesday’s City Council work session at 5 p.m., the council will:
- Interview applicants for seats on the Planning Commission
- See a presentation of the city’s five year financial forecast
- See a presentation and discuss a staff analysis of the BPOL (Business Professional Occupational License) tax, including potential modifications
In the regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. the council will:
- Recognize the three Wall of Honor Nominees
- See a presentation about the Civil War 150th anniversary events
There are three public hearings:
- One is about granting three easements for pedestrian ingress and egress for Caroline Street landowners whose properties are near the site of the new courthouse. When the new court facility is built at the corner of Princess Anne and Charlotte streets, the contractor will need to excavate an area that encroaches on properties at 708,710 and 712 Caroline Street.
- The other two are for the council to accept the proposed Unified Development Ordinance and the procedures manual that goes with it.
The council will also discuss its legislative agenda for the general assembly next year.
Here is the full agenda for the meeting.
Follow live tweeting of the meeting on Twitter: @fxbgcitybeat and keep an eye on this blog for updated posts.