This blog includes news about City Hall, city schools and other 22401 news.Pamela Gould reports on City Hall. You can reach her at 540-735-1972 or email@example.com. Robyn Sidersky reports on city schools. You can reach her at 540-374-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Facebook page.Follow @fxbgcitybeat
City Council meeting preview
The City Council will meet Tuesday for a work session at 5 p.m. and a meeting at 7:30 p.m.
In the work session, the council will discuss the Unified Development Ordinance, which was recommended for approval by the Planning Commission.
The ordinance combines the existing zoning and subdivision ordinances into a single plan. The existing regulations have not been updated in nearly 30 years.
In the meeting, the council will:
- Proclaim October 23-31 as Red Ribbon Week
- Proclaim November as Hospice Care Month
- Hear a citywide Technology Zone presentation from Karen Hedelt and Richard Tremblay
- Consider authorizing the city manager to apply for $4,089,000 in Fiscal Year 2014 Virginia Department of Transportation revenue sharing funds for various street construction and maintenance projects
- Discuss the holiday schedule for city employees
You can read the full agenda here.
Keep an eye on Twitter for live tweeting.(@fxbgcitybeat)